Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

34 weeks

So today I'm 34 weeks, meaning I technically have 6 weeks until my due date. However, some things have changed about our little guy's arrival. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and discussed with the doctor that Landon is still breech. He said that at my 36 week appointment they will do an ultrasound to check and then schedule a c-section for 39 weeks if he is still breech. They would do it a week early so that I don't go in to labor on my own and then have to have an emergency c-section. I asked him what the chances were of flipping (because I already feel like he has no room in there) and he said very slim. He's almost out of room and his umbilical cord is near his head (always in the way during ultrasounds) so a lot of times these 2 things will keep them from flipping over.
So we are looking at the week of September 6th! I can't believe he will be here so soon! Not only have we had the 9 months of anticipation but there is also the 2 years of trying before that as well, so it kind of felt like this day may never come... and now it's right around the corner! We are VERY excited!
We also got some more good news today, Dan is going back to work!! Ok, it may not be for a long time, but it's for at least 2-3 weeks. This is great news since he makes more than twice what unemployment is. He knows of a job coming up on September 1st at Disney that a few of his buddies are going to be on so they are all trying to get him set up for that one too. Fingers crossed! Dan's going to continue working at the nightclub on Friday and Saturday nights through the first short job, but if he gets on to the Disney job then he'll probably quit. It would be just too much otherwise. However, he's planning on keeping his post of Craigslist to help people with moves and try to schedule them for weekends or after work. I'm worried he's going to over work himself but I know he wants to provide and try to make up for the 3 months he's been laid off. Hopefully it all works out for the best!

Below are my 34 week belly pictures (my belly button is almost flush with my stomach. I don't think I'm going to get an outie but it's probably going to end up flat!)
Here is what is going on with Landon and I this week:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
By this week, fatigue has probably set in again, though maybe not with the same coma-like intensity of your first trimester. Your tiredness is perfectly understandable, given the physical strain you're under and the restless nights of frequent pee breaks and tossing and turning, while trying to get comfortable. Now's the time to slow down and save up your energy for labor day (and beyond). If you've been sitting or lying down for a long time, don't jump up too quickly. Blood can pool in your feet and legs, causing a temporary drop in your blood pressure when you get up that can make you feel dizzy.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I've scheduled my flight and vacation time at work, I am really getting excited (not that I wasn't before)! I can't wait to meet Landon :-)

    Great news about Dan's job, too. I know you are both breathing a sigh of relief, at least for awhile.

    Love you all,
    mom

    ReplyDelete