Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

33 weeks

Only 7 more weeks to go! Or less! That's less than 50 days! Holy crapola! So not much has gone on this week. We had a prenatal breastfeeding class at the hospital last week and a basic infant care class a couple of days ago which gave us good information. While at the hospital sirens started going off saying "Code Red" and everyone in the room stated to panic a bit. Come to find out Code Red is a fire but it was in a small contained area of the hospital so we were fine. Nothing like 20 or so pregnant women getting slightly panicked though!
Dan still isn't back to work but we are hoping it happens soon, espeically with my maternity leave coming up. I had a substitute all lined up for my classroom when I go out and she recently backed out for another position. So now myself and the secretary are scrambling a bit to find someone to cover for me. Fingers are crossed that I can find someone good on short notice!
When it comes to the pregnancy I'm just getting more and more uncomfortable. Sleeping is rough, my hips and lower back (especially near my tailbone) hurt all the time. Rolling over in bed is such an ordeal that I literally dread it, but if I stay then my hips get even more sore. I know Landon needs more baking time, but I'm ready to get this show on the road! Lol

Below are my 33 week belly pictures and then what is going on with Landon and I this week:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
You may be feeling some achiness and even numbness in your fingers, wrists, and hands. Like many other tissues in your body, those in your wrist can retain fluid, which can increase pressure in the carpal tunnel, a bony canal in your wrist. Nerves that run through this "tunnel" may end up pinched, creating numbness; tingling, shooting or burning pain; or a dull ache. Try wearing a splint to stabilize your wrist or propping your arm up with a pillow when you sleep. If your work requires repetitive hand movements (at a keyboard or on an assembly line, for instance), remember to stretch your hands when you take breaks — which should be frequently.

2 comments:

  1. I am still checking airfare daily and am hopeful that Allegient will soon be adding more flights for September. I can't believe how soon that is, and I can't wait to meet my new Grandbaby (and see you guys, of course).

    Love you bunches,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you, Dan and almost Landon next week for dinner(: Love you lots, Dad

    ReplyDelete