Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

13 weeks

So tomorrow I'll officially be 13 weeks.  Depending on what you read I'm either about to enter the second trimester or I will be at the end of this 13th week.  Either way it's exciting!
Dan and I went to Kohls yesterday because they were having some huge sales and got some great stuff for him, the baby and me!  We got a few onesies and pj sets for the baby and a bath towel with a duck on the head (so cute!).  I got 3 pairs of maternity capri pants, which I don't need yet, but I feel I will soon, so I'd rather get them ahead of time on sale then wait til the last minute and have to get whatever I can find! 
Right now I have something called a BellaBand, which is like a tank top without the top half.  It starts at the top of my stomach and goes down to my hips.  It's great because it can be used for all stages of pregnancy.  I'm at the point right now where having my pants buttoned is uncomfortable, so I can wear the BellaBand and it goes over the top of my pants to hold them up when they are undone and it just looks like a tank top hanging out underneath my shirt.  Later on, it will be great to support my ever expanding belly and after the baby comes it will be good for holding in that post pregnancy belly.

Here is what is going on with baby and I this week (baby is about the size of a peach right now)!

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.


This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside. More good news: Many couples also notice a distinct libido lift around this time. Birth is still months away, but your breasts may have already started making colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that feeds your baby for the first few days after birth, before your milk starts to flow.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Let's hear it for the 2nd trimester :-) I walked through the baby section of Target yesterday and had a hard time leaving without buying anything. Send me a list via email of some of the things you are looking for and I can watch for sales.

    Take care of the little peach.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete